Centurion of Mississippi is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Centurion, a partnership between MHM Services and Centene, is a leading provider of healthcare, mental healthcare and dental services to inmates throughout the state. We are currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to work at the East MS Correctional Facility in Meridian, MS.
- Performs clerical, administrative and secretarial duties. Duties may include reports, payroll, personnel document processing, maintaining personnel, credentialing, health & safety and training files, etc.
- Composes, types, and distributes meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports
- Develops clinical schedules and maintains clinical databases as required
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies
- Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail and other material and answers routine letters
- Completes forms in accordance with MHM procedures
- Makes copies of correspondence and other printed material as requested
- Communicates with the Regional or Corporate offices as instructed and other sites, as needed
- Maintains office supply inventory
- Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate individuals; answers telephones in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material to ensure efficient retrieval; may create packets for initial medical assessments
Centurion offers excellent benefits for full time employees including: