MHM Services, Inc.

  • Recreational Therapist

    Job Locations US-CA-Atascadero
    Posted Date 3 months ago(7/1/2019 7:35 PM)
    Job ID
  • Overview

    Certified Recreational Therapists

    M-F 8am-4:30pm 

    MHM Services, a Centurion Company that contracts with State and local governments nationwide to provide staffing, management, and health care services to State psychiatric hospitals and other community settings. 


    In partnership with the California Department of State Hospitals. As we work together to provide exceptional mental health care to patients who truly need it, we are also growing a staff of exceptional mental health providers and care givers.


    We are currently seeking  Certified Recreation Therapists to work full time at Atascadero State Hospital, a secure forensic hospital located on the Central Coast of California.  The hospital is a fully state licensed and a Joint Commission-accredited facility, providing inpatient forensic services for adult males who are court committed  throughout the State of California.


    Monday - Friday 8am-4:30 pm,  $72-80,000.00 annually DOE


    The Recreation Therapist provides rehabilitative programs and services through appropriate patient assessment, service planning, therapeutic activities, discharge planning, and community reintegration to develop, maintain, or restore physical, emotional, and social competencies of the patients. The therapist will provide recovery focused treatment activities and participate on the treatment teams of patients assigned.


    Join a cohesive, experienced staff of healthcare professionals who are dedicated to providing extraordinary patient care!


    We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:

    • Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance

    • Generous paid time off program plus company paid holidays

    • 401(k) retirement plan with employer match

    • Career development benefit

    • Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care

    • Wellness activity subsidy



    Please call Mary at 858-602-9335 - send resume to


    An Equal Opportunity Employer




    • Bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy or in recreation and leisure studies with a specialization in recreation therapy.
    •  Completion of an approved clinical internship in the appropriate rehabilitation specialty in an approved hospital or rehabilitation center affiliated with the college.  (Individuals who are registered or certified with the appropriate therapy association but have not completed a clinical internship because it was not a component of the academic program at the time are required to have completed a minimum of two years' full-time paid experience in a clinical, residential, or community-based setting after receipt of the required degree to be admitted into the exam.)
    •  Recreation Therapist Certification by the California Board of Parks OR Certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
    •  Must be able to pass security background clearance







    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed

    Connect With Us!

    Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.