Mental Health Worker - Telemed
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.
This is an entry level position. This position is per diem, no set hours. You will be notified in advance and given the opportunity to fill in if you are able. This is a great position if you interested in working a part time job helping others but cannot commit to a set schedule!
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary treatment planning meetings and implement interventions as assigned.
- Supervise offenders and provide informal education in routine activities of daily living (e.g., hygiene, eating, and recreation).
- Inform supervisor and psychiatric staff of significant change in an offender’s functioning.
- Be familiar with methods of crisis intervention and is prepared to intervene in an emergency until additional personnel can be contacted.
- Collect samples according to physician orders as directed by a nurse.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of records pertaining to offender mental health care, including treatment planning, daily contact notes if requested, observation of restraint use, etc.
- Attend required safety training and in-service programs as requested.
- Must be willing to work one shift on a weekend per month if required.
- Educate the patient on the nature and process of TeleHealth, specifically discussing confidentiality;
- Obtain patient consent when required;
- Ensure all equipment is functional and fully operational and that the call has been disconnected and power off at the conclusion of each session.
- Assist with the flow of patients in and out of the TeleHealth clinic and remain present during clinic session;
- Navigate and review information requested from the chart and share such information with the provider;
- Assist the provider in using the TeleHealth equipment;
- Fax/email relevant documentation to the Provider as well as receive notes and relevant orders from the Provider;
- Ensure that notes and pharmacy orders are provided to the Nurse for processing at the conclusion of the appointment; and/or file such notes and orders where appropriate;
- Liaison with custody regarding patient no shows and adjustment of clinic needs due to lock downs, count, etc.
- Must complete Company/DOC required trainings and education specific to telehealth service delivery;
- May be required to train other staff regarding the role of the Patient Facilitator
Bachelor level students in Mental Health related field encouraged to apply. Great experience.
If you are seeking work life balance come try correctional healthcare!