Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Georgia Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Activity Therapy Supervisor to join our Team at our Georgia Regional Office located in College Park, GA. This position will include travel to sites and training as required.
Supervise, guide and instruct the work assignments of activity/recreational therapy staff. Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate the overall therapy needs and service provision required for Mental Health patients in a correctional setting.
- Plan, direct or coordinate therapeutic recreation programs; including but not limited to activities such as sports, gardening, drama, music, social activities, and arts and crafts.
- Supervise the work assignments and the provision of activity/recreational therapy sessions by activity therapy staff working within the Georgia Department of Corrections.
- Provide training to all activity therapy staff on the topic of furnishing recreational therapy services to persons with mental health disorders within a correctional setting.
- Provide orientation/on-site training to new activity therapists.
- Provide/participate in large group trainings on Activity/Recreational Therapy for GDOC staff members and others.
- Confer with the GDOC to evaluate recreational therapy programs; as well as to update policies and procedures in this area.
- Serve as a member on the Audit Team for the GDOC Office of Health Services; reviewing:
- that treatment plans are being developed that meet the needs of the client, based on the needs assessment, client interests and objectives of therapy
- that clients with special needs and circumstances are being encouraged to acquire new skills and to get involved in health promoting life skills and leisure activities
- that the client's participation, reaction and progress are being appropriately observed, analyzed and recorded
- Under the direction of Regional Office leadership, provide staff counseling and performance evaluations on progress toward defined goals and/or required results. Provide specific feedback and initiate corrective action when appropriate.
- Identify and maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process and relationship.
- Ensure that on-site staff coordinate care closely with security staff while maintaining a positive, collaborative relationship.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge, skills and professional standards in the field of activity/recreational therapy.
- Ensure compliance with all facility and Company policies, Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines including HIPAA.
Centurion offers excellent salaries and comprehensive benefits including:
- Company-sponsored health, life and disability insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- 28 Paid days off per year plus 7 company paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match immediately upon hire
- CEU reimbursement and up to 4 additional paid days off
- Short-term disability insurance
- Dental and vision insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
And much more…