Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Vermont Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a FULL TIME, RN Supervisor to work at Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield, VT.
The RN Supervisor provides supervision of nursing and support staff, on assigned shift, in the facility. Provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients. The RN Supervisor works under the direction of the Director of Nursing and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to identify and respond to a wide range of physical and mental health needs.
Some duties include:
- Collaborate with site’s multidisciplinary team, ensuring patient continuity of care by developing, implementing,
evaluating, and supervising all nursing services and associated support services on the assigned shift. Communicate
with team members individually, at team meetings and with written documentation as needed.
- Collect and document subjective and objective health data to identify and monitor the health needs of patients in a variety of settings within
the correctional environment.
- Document relevant data in approved format and share with applicable multidisciplinary
- Ensure that patient care orders are followed correctly and completed within eight hours of being written
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to meet physiological, psychosocial and emotional needs of the patient during
routine and emergency situations within the framework established by the correctional system
- Administer ordered medications and implement relevant treatments. Evaluate, monitor and document
results/outcomes of mediations and treatments
- Monitor and document medication administration and compliance as directed. Maintain accountability of all controlled
substances according to federal and state regulations
- Implement and evaluate patient education offerings and activities that may be in an individual or group setting
- Share knowledge, skills and information with peers, colleagues and others. Assign tasks and delegate care based
upon expected skills and knowledge
- Assist with recruitment, employment, training, supervision, discipline, and performance appraisals of nursing personnel
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including for FULL TIME; Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, generous paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account and much more...