Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Florida Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Physical Therapist to travel to various locations throughout S. Florida. Counties of coverage will include: Dade, Martin, Okeechobee, Charlotte, Desoto and Hardee.
- Shift Availability: Monday-Friday, Day Shift
- Reimbursement for mileage or a rental car, meals and hotel (if needed).
The Physical Therapist will restore or work to maintain patient’s current level of independence and physical functionality. Alleviates pain and prevents disability or impact of disease by planning and administering medically prescribed interventions.
Other duties include:
- Identifies and develops patient treatment plan by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results in conjunction with physician or based on physician order
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise individualized treatment plans including continuity of care when physical therapy services are required. Communicates with team members individually, at team meetings and with written documentation as needed
- Administers physical therapy treatment including but not limited to development of patient self-care plans, applying physical devices, using approved modalities
- Educates healthcare staff about follow-up and monitoring of self-care plans
- Recommends and educates patients about use of assistive and support devices including canes, walkers, and braces
- Evaluates effectiveness of physical therapy interventions, recommending changes to plan of care as indicated
- Documents patient care provided using standardized documentation forms and/or tools
- Coordinates care closely with security staff while maintaining a positive, collaborative relationship
- Participates in maintaining quality of care by measuring health outcomes against standards, gathering data specific to defined quality indicators and participating in the CQI process as requested making or recommending policy and/or process changes as indicated
- Maintains an ethical commitment to ensure confidentiality within the limits of a correctional environment
- Delivers care in a nonjudgmental/nondiscriminatory manner to protect the autonomy, dignity and rights of the patient
- Ensures compliance with all facility and Company policies, Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines including HIPAA
- Understands and complies with safety and security rules and regulations of the institution
- Other duties as assigned
We offer excellent compensation with shift differential pay and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Health savings account with matching employer contributions
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Career development benefit
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Wellness activity subsidy
- Access to corporate discount programs
- Pet Insurance