Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse- Psychiatric
Baltimore Central Booking and Intake
Part Time: Saturday and Sunday 8am-4:30am
Full Time: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
Provide supervision of nursing and support staff, on assigned shift, in the facility. Provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients. Work under the direction of the Director of Nursing and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to identify and respond to a wide range of physical and mental health needs.
- Collaborate with site’s multidisciplinary team, ensuring patient continuity of care by developing, implementing,evaluating, and supervising all nursing services and associated support services on the assigned shift.
- Communicate with team members individually, at team meetings and with written documentation as needed. Collect and document subjective and objective health data to identify and monitor the health needs of patients in a variety of settings within the correctional environment.
- Document relevant data in approved format and share with applicable multidisciplinary team. Ensure that patient care orders are followed correctly and completed within eight hours of being written
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to meet physiological, psychosocial and emotional needs of the patient during routine and emergency situations within the framework established by the correctional system
- Administer ordered medications and implement relevant treatments. Evaluate, monitor and document results/outcomes of mediations and treatments
- Monitor and document medication administration and compliance as directed. Maintain accountability of all controlled substances according to federal and state regulations
- Implement and evaluate patient education offerings and activities that may be in an individual or group setting
- Share knowledge, skills and information with peers, colleagues and others. Assign tasks and delegate care based upon expected skills and knowledge
- Assist with recruitment, employment, training, supervision, discipline, and performance appraisals of nursing personnel