Centurion of Tennessee, a partnership with MHM Services and Centene, is part of the fastest growing correctional healthcare company in the nation and is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Tennessee Department of Correction. MHM Services is a leading provider of specialized comprehensive health services to state and local governments nationwide. Today we employ over 7,000 of the best and brightest healthcare professionals across 16 states.
- Works closely with Centurion Statewide DON to provide leadership and site support in preparation for audits including TDOC Quality Assurance, Annual Audits, PREA and ACA surveys.
- Develops and implements systems and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of performance measurement data that assures information collected is based on objective, unbiased methodology.
- Collects and summarizes performance data. Identifies opportunities for improvement and presents any findings to the Centurion Leadership Team.
- Maintains ongoing monitoring of high risk indicators identified in service delivery.
- Analyzes trends data to identify patterns in service delivery.
- Coordinates and oversees contract-specific performance monitoring as well as performance and monitoring of service delivery at the sites.
- Collaboration with Centurion Leadership including VPO, Regional Administrators, Statewide Medical Director and Statewide DON to identify focus areas for special studies as well as any support needs for the sites.
- Participates in personal and professional developmental through continuing education that enhances and supports the skills sets required for this position.
- Promotes nursing education initiatives in collaboration with Statewide DON, Regional Administrators, Statewide Medical Director as well as any directives from TDOC.
- Develops discipline-specific training and education programs for nursing staff.
- Monitors nursing training practices of contract staff to ensure compliance with Centurion/TDOC expectations.
- Maintains an ethical commitment to ensure confidentiality.
- Understands and adheres to safety/security rules and regulations of the institutions.
- Other duties as required.
Facility / Position Core Competencies
- Clinical Acumen: Skilled in assessing evidence-based medical services to achieve quality, cost-effective and ethical outcomes in the delivery of healthcare to individual patients and relevant patient population.
- Effective Collaborator: Works well with healthcare and institution’s administrative and security staff to help build a cohesive working environment and unified approach to patient healthcare. Helps others learn and shares knowledge. Respects diversity of the workplace and individuals’ unique characteristics.
- Quality Documentation: Able to provide documentation that is comprehensive, legible and easily understood by the client and all healthcare staff. Documentation is provided timely and in the format required.
- Communication: Able to appropriately express opinions in written and verbal form. Clear and articulate when speaking with patients and staff. Listens and considers the opinions of others.
- Accountability: Follows through on commitments and agreements. Demonstrates dependability. Takes responsibility for mistakes and missed deadlines. Communicates about progress on commitments.
- Stress Tolerance: Able to effectively handle stressful or adverse situations and work effectively under difficult conditions. Able to maintain calm while handling volatile, threatening or emergency situations. Remains focused in spite of distractions and interruptions.
- Effective Time Management: Organizes and prioritizes work by devoting adequate time and attention to individual tasks. Effectively plans meetings/keep appointments and multitasks effectively. Able to be flexible as priorities change.
- Problem Solving; Acts collaboratively in resolving problems.
Facility- Specific Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Work is usually performed in administrative or clinical setting.
- Must possess general good health and retain sufficient stamina, agility, and visual/auditory acuity necessary to perform all duties required. Physical activity includes walking, climbing, standing, sitting, bending, stooping and carrying.
- May be required to work in a clinical nursing role to provide site coverage in understaffed facilities, as needed.
- Must be able to respond quickly to emergency situations within his/her scope of practice.
- May be required to work throughout a large facility, grouping of facilities, or travel between multiple facilities.
- Potential exposure to internal and external hazardous materials, including but not limited to: blood and blood borne pathogens, infectious/communicable diseases, and physical injury from patients.