MHM, one of the nation’s largest private provider of behavioral healthcare to correctional facilities is seeking Psych Tech to fill a PRN position at Philadelphia Department of Prisons. This is an entry level position. If you are seeking work life balance come try correctional healthcare. This position is per diem, no set hours. You will be notified in advance and given the opportunity to fill in if you are able. This is a great position if you interested in working a part time job helping others but cannot commit to a set schedule!
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary treatment planning meetings and implement interventions as assigned.
- Supervise offenders and provide informal education in routine activities of daily living (e.g., hygiene, eating, and recreation).
- Provide care and activities programming to offender population in assigned area.
- Inform supervisor and psychiatric staff of significant change in an offender’s functioning.
- Be familiar with methods of crisis intervention and is prepared to intervene in an emergency until additional personnel can be contacted.
- Collect samples according to physician orders as directed by a nurse.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of records pertaining to offender mental health care, including treatment planning, daily contact notes if requested, observation of restraint use, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in the problem solving process.
- Attend required safety training and in-service programs as requested.
- Identify and maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic.
Must be willing to work one shift on a weekend per month if required.