Centurion of Vermont is seeking a full time Regional Director of Nursing to work at our Regional Office in Waterbury Center, Vermont.
The Statewide Director of Nursing provides clinical, educational and professional supervision for nursing and support staff. The Statewide DON works under the direction of the Regional Medical Director and collaborates with medical/mental health leadership and other members of the multidisciplinary team in the correctional environment to improve health care of incarcerated offenders.
Essential job duties include:
- Direct facility Directors of Nursing in their roles as senior members of multidisciplinary treatment teams to develop, implement, evaluate, and supervise all nursing services and associated administrative and operational activities
- Communicate with team members individually, at team meetings and with written documentation
- Ensure that patient care orders are followed correctly and in compliance with federal, state, Company, and facility rules, policy, procedures, standards, regulations and statutes.
- Monitor planned work schedules of facility or system nursing and support staff consistent with allocated positions
- Monitor, review, and provide report of observed performance to supervisors of facility Directors of Nursing